The Plasticolor 2000 GR Gravimetric Feeder
It is a rugged gravimetric auger feeder. The unit accurately feeds free-flowing color pellets and additives at the throat of extrusion, blow molding, and injection molding machines. The system incorporates a special algorithm that filters out vibrations and movement from mold clamping, making it suitable for injection molding machines. Plasticolor 2000 GR
utilizes a stepper motor providing high resolution of speed control from 0.3 rpm to 225 rpm. Isolated 10/100 Ethernet
makes possible the retrieval of production information. An integrated venturi loader is included.
- Injection molding – Just enter the shot size and % of additive you want to add. Start the feeder and it will
automatically adjust itself to the machine cycle.
- Extrusion – Enter the max output of your production machine and the % of additive you want to add.
The feeder will automatically follow your extruder speed and adjust accordingly.
- We weigh a small inner hopper not the whole machine.
- The weigh hopper is completely enclosed and protected.
- Recipe Storage
- Rigid mechanical structure
- Automatic material parameter tuning
- Easy and fast material changes
- 0.1g weighing resolution
- Materials Accounting
- Special algorithms for Injection Molding
- Integrated loading system for pellets and micro granules
- Stepper motor operated (1600 steps per revolution)
- Screw speed control 1:600 – 0.3-225rpm
- Typical feed rate 0.16 – 66 Lbs/Hour
- Easy upgrade of older Plasticolor units.