Get control of your color quality with Automatic Closed Loop Color Control ACLCC
Automatic Closed Loop Color Control, ACLCC is a color feeder control system designed to work with online spectrophotometers from Hunter Lab, Xrite, and Equitec. It is tailored to meet the needs of plastics manufacturers. From plastic sheet manufacturing to window profile, vinyl siding and, custom profile. The control system offers the best-automated solution tools to improve manufacturing efficiencies, ensure product quality, and reduce overall costs.
Predict and Troubleshoot Production
Today’s plastic extrusion color control process relies a bit on ‘black magic’ to be successful. Time-interval based color monitoring is insufficient in providing information on the baseline, variation, or improvement opportunities. The process is not very controllable, predictable, or frequently even understandable. ACLCC eliminates the ‘black magic,’ making the process something that operators can control, predict, and troubleshoot.
ACLCC moves the production color QC process, from one of time-interval based color measurements and manual adjustments to one of real-time color monitoring, automated closed-loop color control, and automatic defect containment. Benefits include:
- Reduced operational costs
- Process Yield Improvements
- Cost Reduction through Material savings
- Improve Operator Efficiencies
- Better Equations for Green Initiatives and Carbon Footprint Reductions
- Increased Customer Satisfaction
The system uses Hunter Lab’s, Xrite’s or, Equitec’s high-resolution lab-grade spectrophotometers designed for in-line color monitoring, The solution uses the colorimetric data from the spectrophotometer to control the feeder speed, adjusting material flow automatically to maintain color within preset color tolerances. ACLCC allows programming of downstream actions such as, shortcutting boards or sorting when the system indicates the color is out of spec.
- Online, real-time color measurement and monitoring
- Touch screen PLC with easy to set up and operator-friendly color-control software
- Automated closed-loop color control
- Outputs for downstream defect containment
- Historical data logging and storage for retrieval via USB or remotely on a network by FTP
- Process variables charted in real-time with 100 scans of data storage for on-screen viewing
- Calibration reminders automatically displayed based on the number of scans and time.
ACLCC is a part of a fully integrated, online color measurement and Color control solution, tailored to meet the needs of plastics processors. This unique system allows for continuous color monitoring, automated feeder adjustments based on color measurements are taken directly from the process stream and enable downstream containment of defective products. Applications include:
- Vinyl Siding
- Window Profile
- Other custom profile
- Injection Molding of Large Part (Hunter Lab and Xrite Instruments)